MELVIN M SMITH DETACHMENT MEETING AGEND
10 February 2022
Posting of Colors
Pledge of Allegiance
ORDER OF BUSINESS
- Roll Call of Officers
- Recognition of Past Detachment Commandants
- Recognition of Past and Current Department Officers
- Recognition of Past and Current National Officers
- Recognition of Military Order of the Devil Dogs Kennel Staff
- Recognition of Marine of the Year Recipients (Department and Detachment & Division)
- Application for membership or guests to be recognized.
- Minutes of the previous meeting to be read. No meeting in Jan.
- Correspondence of the Detachment - Thank you note from Col George Custer
- Paymaster Report to be read. Report read and approved
- Chaplain report (Death, Sickness or Distress)
- Report of Officer Activity since last meeting.
- Reports by Committee Chairs:
- Coffee Stops
- Eagle Scout Awards
- Gun Shows - Larry Rosenberg and Kari Sobisky will chair
- Honor Guard-3 Funerals coming up
- Lilac Parade- Bill Bean Chair, Saturday May 21, 2022
- Marine of the Year Society- getting ready for nominations
- Memorial Day
- Newsletter- Andrea Adams Volunteered
- Spokane County Young Marines
- Toys for Tots
- USMC Birthday Ball
- Veterans Court- Going well
- Department Convention (when appropriate)
- Old Business
- New Business - Bill Bean asked for donations to purchase a stripped down camper to use as a coffee stop and recruitment device, to be run on donations.
- Good of the League- Bob Manion suggested we hold a formal Mess Night.
- Installation of Detachment Officers (when appropriate)
Moment of Silence